Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First Ramble


Being a mother of five, my life is pretty chaotic. It doesn't help that I am a natural busy body, occupying myself with more than I can usually handle, even if I don't have to! Provoking my entries would be my husband Doug, you could on any given day consider him one of my children, Juliannah a.k.a Annah 12, Andrew a.k.a Drew 8, Cassidy a.k.a. Cass 7, Nicholas a.k.a Nick 7 and our baby Luci a.k.a Lulu 4. Ok so she's not a baby, but she's our baby!

We have a dog. Frankie, whom I'm not totally convinced is...how do you put it?...working with full mental capacity? He is dumb. Probably the worst dog I have ever owned, the kids want another dog, but I explained to them that I can't have another dog with one that seems to be handicapped. There is also a cat whom is owned my my son. His therapist suggested it would be good for his "tactile disfunctions." He picked the hairiest one at the Humane Society and named him Jar Jar Binx. Try taking that to the vet. We have a everlasting, fish, as I would call him bionic catfish. He has survived a move, a suicide jump from the tank and a heater that went on the fritz and fried all the others. And last a pretty cute love bird, messy, but cute. We are I suppose, the American Family.

I coached youth cheer leading this year, something I never thought I would do. Joined the Band Boosters and attended all but two of Juliannahs football games, rain, mud and all. I purchased my son's first cup for football and learned that it doesn't matter how much febreze you use, you will never want to stick your head in his gym bag like they do on TV. I attended football games that went morning noon and night, on my Saturdays, with no wins at the end. I cheered up two little boys who wanted nothing more than a win. All while occupying a very bored 4yr. old. Oh did I mention I coached cheer leading? Six six year olds with the attention span of well, my dog. I was mortified when I took the position but honestly left the end of the season really content and feeling adored. My husband tried out his first year coaching also, both Drew's baseball and Nick's football team. He said he was going to quit, now he is the league trustee. :)

Doug does not like the idea of a blog, it's just more time of me on the computer, which by the way is no more time than him in front of the TV. However, I am trying this out at the longtime requests of my friends. Supposedly my trials and tribulations bring great humor to those around me. In all honesty, you have to laugh, we all do, and if it's at my own expense so be it! So laugh on!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Danielle. Loved your first post. Keep up the blogging! :)

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete