Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just an Ordinary Day

Today has been an ordinary day. We attended church. The pastor gave a very interesting sermon. Nicholas drove me crazy and I ended up yelling, literally yelling at him, not once but twice in the chapel. I have never done that in the 5yrs. we have attended church there. He was crawling under the pews, refusing to stand, coloring on the money envelopes and nagging his brothers and sisters. He moaned and groaned about coming to church.
The children went up to the stage for children's story where Luci entertained the congregation by repeatedly hiking her dress to shimmy up hey nylons.
When we left I treated the kids to Bob Evans, where we waited in the crowed lobby for 20mins. to get a table. Nicholas inspected every sale item in the lobby, including the foldable reading bifocals. Right before they seated us he went potty. Of course they seated us while he was in the bathroom so I had to send Drew to find him. Drew ran back to the table announcing that Nick had diarrhea. It was obvious by the staring that everyone in a 10ft. radius heard his announcement also.
Finally Nick came to the table and we ordered our food. Our conversation consisted of "why we don't order pop with our breakfast, and where did Cassidy ever learn to order diet coke?" "Why some packages don't have a green crayon," "The very lame jokes on the back of the kids menu's" and "how I told Luci she didn't like cantaloupe or honeydew, but she ordered fruit salad anyways." When we were finished Nick nicely announced to the restaurant how he was so full he was gonna thow up. I was partially embarrassed and partially too exhausted to care.
We headed on to my girlfriend Jen's house for a brief visit where the dog spilled my coffee on me. I changed her baby's poopy diaper, (it was obvious she needed a break too) and my kids broke her son's toy. Then we headed home.
My husband had sent me a text stating he went grocery shopping so I didn't have to. It was nice but I knew it was too good to be true. Sure enough when I arrived home my house looked worse from one day of him being home that it does when all the kids have been home. I checked out his shopping supplies. junk, junk, junk, green bananas, junk. I wasn't about to complain. I just went back to the store and bought actual food.
Nicholas complained about dinner, as did Luci, and for some reason my bedroom is the place to hang, because the kids have been up there the rest of the evening watching Hannah Montana, Even Annah, who is too old and cool to watch Hannah Montana. I have continued to be aggravated by Nick who had been poking and pinching his brother and sisters, licking my arm and changing the TV channels. I told him to get in the shower, but instead found him sitting in the bath water in his underwear, filling an empty shampoo bottle with water and pretending to pee it out. I really don't know about that boy. He is currently brushing his hair to look like Elvis.
Andrew is talking about his big toes being the only ones that the nails grow and how he still has his band aids on his arms from Friday when he got his shots Luci is mad that I didn't name her Samantha, Cassidy is rerunning Hannah Montana, and no one will ever know what is going through Annah, the pre-teens head. Doug went to watch the football game at someones house. I currently feel like burning his eyeballs out on our wedding pic in front of me and drawing a mustache on him. AND I of course am sitting here blogging. What's interesting is that although I am on the computer, I still know every conversation going on in this house. Ah well, that's my ordinary day, nothing special. I'm exhausted so I'm off to get the kids in bed. Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment