Thursday, June 24, 2010

where have you been you ask?

Busy, busy, busy. The kids are in baseball right now which takes up a lot of time. Drews season just finished and Cassidy and Nicks is just starting. Juliannah has another dance recital. She has been dancing for 10yrs now. That seems crazy to me. Hair boy, I mean Nicholas finally let me give him a hair cut. I settled for the mohawk since it seemed better than the insane mop on his head. And dear Luci, the thought of her heading to kindergarten could send me to therapy.
I have how ever started some of the things I have been wanting to do.
The kids and I went last week and picked strawberries and made jam out of it. Freezer jam of course, I'm not sure if I want to get into canning, however my grandmother would like to teach me how for future reference.
I planted my garden, but not all of my plants came up. This is my first time not planting in pots, but I am still happy and excited. We also have raspberries ready to be picked in the backyard. Ill make jam out of them too if the kids don't get to them first.
I have been making my own laundry soap. I feel so thrifty. Its earth friendly and the cost savings is remarkable. I feel victorious over it! I gave a try at shampoo, but I wasn't very impressed with it. I need to find a different recipe. My husband called me Amish. He doesn't know that I am saving him approximately $250 a year. I should just start pocketing the $5.00 a week I would spend on laundry soap and go on a shopping spree! Not to mention the kids have had a blast making it.
Tonight we are making tapioca pudding. Its one dessert that Andrew can eat, its easy and yummy. I have been in a cooking mood lately. Next month I will be blogging about losing 10lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment